High End Loose Powder: Laura Mercier v Too Faced

 I'm a slight make up junkie, I think we've all established this; which means I've tried a load of different products.
I have combination skin so my dry areas are super dry and my oily bits are rather oily. This makes finding products to suit my skin a little bit of a nightmare. I love a good setting powder and it's been the past 3 years or so I will now only use loose setting powders. So I took my two favourite high end loose powders and compared them. Now I know they've both got a bit of a price tag and you're probably going Zoe whyyyy would you pay that for a setting powder?! Well let's see what they've both got going for them.
Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder
This has been a holy grail of mine for some time now, definitely a solid favourite powder.
I always get this in the shade translucent, perfect for setting, baking or getting rid of my awfully shiny forehead. you get 29g of product in one of these tubs and they retail at £29; literally £1 per gram. This pretty expensive for a powder but it is flawless.
It's super lightweight on the skin and doesn't feel cakey on the skin, it also doesn't look cakey so it's quite a sheer powder. It kind of smooths out your skin so your skin appears a lot smoother and gives a slight 'air brush' appearance.
The powder itself is oil free so it's quite long wearing - I don't think I've ever had to top up my coverage after using this which is pretty good. The one thing I love about this product is that it is dermatologically testing - no weird funky stuff being added into this! Yes this powder is expensive but I really do love it!
Too Faced Magnifying Loose Setting Powder
So this is actually a newer purchase of mine that I've been testing out for the past month or so. I've always loved TF eyeshadows and lip products but this a first time for their skin products. This is the peach perfect powder, infused with peach & sweet fig cream which firstly smells good enough to eat and secondly the powder is a peach tint (not gonna lie this scared me a little when I first tried it). With this you get 35g of product and it retails at £20 - a huge difference in the amount of product and price compared to the Laura Mercier!
It took me a few days of playing around with this to see which way of applying worked best for my skin. I love this for baking under my eyes - with the peach tone of the powder it counteracts my hideous bags under my eyes, brightens and gives a smooth matte finish. I also love this as a general all-over powder as it is oil & shine free. This is slightly more longer wearing that the other powder as it is so finely milled it really sticks to your skin.
So which one comes up trumps?
I absolutely love both of these products but for me I'd actually have to say the Too Faced peach perfect powder is the winner for me. You get more product for your money, it does a little bit more for you and it smells heavenly! I don't think I'll quite be giving up my trust Laura Mercier powder but I definitely will be experimenting with more of the TF skin products - hopefully they'll be as good as this powder.
Which one is your favourite out of these two? Laura Mercier or Too Faced?

Comments