March Favourites

March has been an interesting month for favourites. Some of them are winter favs and others are bringing bit of colour in with spring. The clocks have sprang forward && i've been trying loads of new brands throughout the month. Here's a selection of some of the things i've been obsessed with through March.

Makeup Products 

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Oil Free Photo Edition Foundation 'bamboo beige' £35 30ml
I've seen loads of people rave about this foundation so earlier in the month i had to pop to Space NK && purchase it for myself. This is a new holy grail foundation. A little bit of product really does go a long way. With the buildale coverage but with the luminous finish, it's the perfect foundation to bring into Spring.
 CYO Eye High Length Mascara 'black' £6 9ml
CYO is a brand i've only recently discovered. At a bargain price i couldn't resist picking one up to try. This is quite long lasting and definitely a buildable mascara if you like to throw a couple of coats on. The only thing is if you do put multiple coats on you're gonna get a bit of clumping.
Benefit Cosmetics Porefessional Face Primer £27.50 22ml
Last year i was totally hit and miss with this primer but through the colder months this has actually agreed with my skin! With it being oil free i find it grabs a lot better to my combination skin. I also like to use this on my eyelids as a primer for my eyeshadow.s
Huda Beauty Mauve Obsessions Palette £25
Over the past few years Huda has been the one brand that i can't get enough of. I've accumulated a lot of the products, so when the new palettes dropped i had to get one. I love how compact this is to just throw in your handbag. With 3 metallic shades and 6 matte shades you can create loads of different looks out this little palette. You do get a little bit of fallout from the shadows however they are super easy to blend out.

Lip Products
 Loreal Paris Colour Riche Lipstick '235 nude' £6.99
I'm slowly trying to edge my way away from the liquid lipsticks & back to a trusty lipstick i know i'll love. Loreal lipsticks are up there with one of my favourites so i had to pick up my everyday easy nude lipstick. It's super moisturising & lightweight; this is actually one of my favourite formulas.
KKW by Kylie Cosmetics Creme Liquid Lipstick 'kim' (set of 4 shades £31)
I definitely have a love/hate relationship with the Kylie Liquid Lipsticks. Some are so matte that they crack && others the pigment is funny on them. However KKW x Kylie collection i loved, especially the shade 'Kim', the perfect peachy nude - perfect transition shade into spring! 
Lime Crime Diamond Crusher Lip Topper 'choke' £14
Okay, this is adventurous even for me, but i absolutely love this lip topper. Throw yourself back to the 90s and remember the metallic shiny lip? Yeah this is it. I can't help but love it. I've actually been using it as a metallic eyeliner too - just for the days i'm not feeling as brave to rock it on my lips.

Skincare products
Mario Badescu Facial Spray Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater £14 236ml
Another favourite for loads of bloggers/makeup artists. I purchased this back in February but it has now become part of my daily routine. I like to mist it over my face after my skincare routine & again once i've finished my makeup to set it in place. This gives you a super hydrating boost to your skin, especially with the cold weather this has been a godsend.
Simple Water Boost Micellar Cleansing Water £3.60 200ml
I try to constantly change up my makeup remover && i've been trialling a few but this is a new favourite of mine. It has no alcohol or harsh chemicals it in which is perfect for more sensitive skin & around the eyes. Again my skin has been super dry, so this is perfect for dehydrated skin. It's super gentle on the skin and is definitely gonna be a repurchase of mine.
Skin Chemists Pro-5 Collagen Bee Venom Day Moisturiser £44.50 50ml
 I recently done a blog post (check it out here) trying this moisturiser and it has become a firm favourite of mine! It brings the blood to the surface of the skin making you skin look plumper & have a bit more life to it. It is on the pricer side but i'm really enjoying using this so far.

Book of the month:
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven £7.99
This book literally broke my heart. It's about two teenagers struggling with their lives who find each other by chance. It follows the story of Violet & Theodore; complete opposites of the social ladder in school but manage to save each other. Honestly you need a box of tissues next to you reading this. It talks through the hardships that sometimes aren't discussed in life - especially suicide && depression. I think this is a perfect book for any age!

Comments