Easter Treats: Creme Egg Fudge Brownies

Easter is the perfect time to get in the kitchen and whip up a storm. Especially whilst the kids are off school, get them in the kitchen and let them get involved with creating some easter goodies.
I will find any excuse to get in the kitchen for a few hours and cook something up (most of the time i don't even eat what i make)
So i thought with the lead up to Easter to show my creme egg fudge brownies.
You can choose any options with this - creme egg, mini egg, any left over chocolate etc.
So here's what you need for the brownies.

Creme Egg Fudge Brownie
100g milk chocolate
100g unsalted butter
200g self raising flour
200g soft brown sugar
2tbsp cocoa powder
3 large eggs
8 creme eggs
____________
Melt chocolate & butter together in a saucepan over a low heat. Keep stirring it so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
Turn off heat and gradually add sugar and eggs
Sieve in the cocoa powder & flour until fully combined.
Roughly chop 4 creme eggs & combine into the mixture
Add 1/2 creme eggs to the top
Put the mixture into a greased tin, leaving a little room around the edges for it to expand.
Bake on 180° for 23-25 minutes as I find this makes it crispy on the outside and super gooey in the inside.
You need to make sure you let the brownie cool completely in the tin. I usually leave it 45-60 minutes to cool down - it makes it so much easier to get it out of the tin.
Once it's cooled down you can cut it up and start eating it! I find this mixture usually gives me around 12 decent size brownies. Obiouvsly if you want them bigger/smaller you can decide on that. These are a perfect treat for the kids of just to have on the bench as a quite snack. 
I've used this recipe for about 3 years now and it hasn't let me down yet!
I have to say it went down like an absolute storm in my house and everyone really enjoyed it. I'm gonna give some to one of the girls to see what she thinks of it.

Have you got any Easter special treats you like to make ?

Comments