I can't believe we're on the last day of January, where has that month gone? At the same time it feels like Christmas && New Year we're forever ago.With it being the end of the month i thought i'd do a favourites post. It's not something I've done on my blog before but we'll see how this goes!
My favourites are bit of a mix but lets show you what i've been absolutely loving the past month.
So we're still in the season of freezing cold weather, big knit jumpers & hot cups of tea, I'm not complaining 'cause they're some of my favourite things! January's been quite boring for me because i haven't been very adventurous with my makeup but these are some of my favs.
- No7 extravagant volume waterproof mascara well this is my new favourite mascara in the world. I got this in the No7 advent calendar (blog post here --> No7 advent calendar) over Christmas && i've been using this daily. I absolutely love it. You can buy it at boots for £12; i definitely think it's worth it
- Make Up Revolution Blush in Now! & Sugar The photo doesn't do these shades justice. They are so pigmented. One shade is lightly more pink && the other a darker rose/peach shade. I alternate between these depending on the occasion. You can get these directly through MUR && they we're an absolute bargain at £1 each!
- No7 skin illuminator I've never used a skin illuminator so the first few times trying this was a massive struggle. Now, i absolutely love it. This was also something i got from the No7 advent calendar. This has changed my make up completely, it gives you such a glow!!! You can get this at boots for £12.50 but a 30ml would last you ages!
- PS.Love... Lipstick; suspense As you know, i'm a complete lipstick junkie. I can't help but buy them. This was no exception, this has been my go to winter berry shade and it's just gorgeous. Funnily enough i actually got this from Primark for £1, which i never thought i'd buy make up from there.
Other products I'm loving.
When it's cold i get really bad dry skin especially my hands && elbow. So my skin is constantly soaked in moisturiser. For my hands i'm loving the Soap & Glory Hand Food. It's something i always have in my handbag. For my elbows && anywhere else i'm using the Laura Ashley wild blossom moisture-rich body lotion with pomegranate extract. I imagine that's how heaven smells.
For my hair i'm using the Dióra keratherapy keratin infused argan oil. I paid about £30 for this bottle but it's definitely been worth it on my wind burnt hair!
January is the month to stay at home with a massive blanket, a cup of tea && hide from all the storms that have battered the country. Well, that's how i've spent the month.
Music. I literally can't function without music. Whether it's writing a new blog post or on the bus into town, i constantly have earphones glued to my ears. I would say i had a specific genre of music i love but these have definitely been my favourite songs this month.
- X Ambassadors - Renegades i stumbled across these guys on youtube && completely fell in love. They're now one of my most played songs on my iPod.
- Ocean Colour Scene - The day we caught the train this is bit of a throwback to 1996 but it's super upbeat, gets me singing && puts a smile on my face.
- Jack Savouretti - Catapult where has this guy been my entire life?! Ugh just his voice; it just sounds so raw
- Shawn Mendes - Stitches well of course, the 17 year has stole my heart. This is my running song, seriously go for a run to this song; it's amazing
My favourite book this month has been the classic Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. I first read this at like 14 && i've loved it since.
Technology. Can anyone even remember PSP? I was digging around the house the other week to find some stuff && came across this && now i haven't put it down.
Now if you follow me on instagram (if not come give me a follow --> zotonixe instagram) you'll see i'm a bit of a foodie and love nothing more than a good home cooked meal.
I've definitely started to venture out into creating things i would never normally cook.
Here are a few of my fav's I've made this month.
top left - Sticky honey chilli salmon, vegetables & egg noodles
top right - Chilli && paprika houmous
bottom left - Creme egg brownies
bottom right - Tomato pesto gnocchi && serrano ham
So there you go! All my favourites this month! What have you been loving this month & what do you think i need to try?
Lots of love