Strawberry Yogurt Bark / Recipe

At the moment I'm loving cooking, all I wanna do is spend time in the kitchen and experiment with things. I also love recipes that you can do first thing in the morning and just leave them until they're ready later in the day. My last foodie post was my super easy Tangy Lemon Mousse so I thought I'd continue with the easy summer fruit recipes and I'd share my Frozen Strawberry Yoghurt Bark.
What you'll need;
230g Fresh Strawberries, Sliced
500g Greek Style Natural Yoghurt
4 tbsp Clear Honey
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
The best thing to do is get all your ingredients measured out and slice your strawberries first so then everything is ready out in front of you.
1// Find a flat baking tray && cover with greaseproof paper. Put to one side.
2// With half of the strawberries either mash or blend until you have a puree. Personally I find a puree is better for this, but it's down to personal preferecne
3// In a separate bowl mix together yoghurt, honey and vanilla extract then spread an even layer on the baking tray.
4// Now this is the fun part. Dollop the strawberry puree onto the yoghurt (I prefer to do big and little dollops all over) then swirl with a knife. Obviously you can do as much or as little strawberry puree, depending on how much you like.
5// Scatter over the remaining sliced strawberries and freeze for 2-3 hours until firm. If you can it's so much better to leave this overnight!!!
6// Take out of the freezer and randomly cut into shards to serve!

The best thing about this is if you have any left over, store it in the freezer and it'll stay good for about 2-3months. It's the perfect snack to keep in your freezer throughout the summer.
This is perfect if you've got kids, they're getting a bit of fruit, natural yoghurt and they think it's a treat. It's bit of a win!!!
Of course you can replace the strawberries with most fruits - this would be amazing with mango!! Something I will definitely try next time I make this!

Comments