RUB Smokehouse with ELLEfluence

Now you might have seen loads of bloggers talking about ELLEfluence. Laura is the lady in charge && she organises some amazing events for bloggers in the North East. Before you carry on reading I definatly recommend checking it out && signing up for some cool opportunities.
Laura very kindly invited me to some events spread over two evenings so this is the first one.
_______________________
Rub Smokehouse
RUB is upstairs in the Gate, Newcastle where they offer a selection of smokehouse food && a huge range of cocktails. Food && cocktails got my attention so I was super excited about this event. Blogging squad assembled, a few of us headed along where we had a huge group photo taken - it was lovely to see some new faces at the event && what other way to make friends then to squash in for a photo together.
Once in we were seated, handed a cocktail & left to natter whilst getting everyone in. The guys at RUB then talked us through the plan for the evening. Each table was a team && we had to recreate some classic cocktails. Safe to say we weren't very good at it. You could definitely see the competitive nature come out in a lot of people (Yes Kay, this includes you!).

It was such a good laugh  attempting to get the drinks right. We didn't win once, but I think er had the most fun that night. Our final task was to create our own signature cocktail. Obviously I thought I was the Jamie Oliver of the cocktail making world && just started throwing spirits in the mixer. It definitely did not taste great!With the help of the others we somehow salvaged it and make a not so bad drink, if you like a lot of rum that is!!
(I don't think I'll be switching careers to a cocktail maker anytime soon)
I also got my favourite cocktail Pina Colada && it was one of the best Pina coladas I've ever had! One of the guys on our table got stung with a tequila shot for our terrible attempt at cocktail making && by the photo below you can see I timed the photo perfectly!
 
No blogging event is complete without food. Especially being in a smokehouse I was super excited to see what they had to offer us. Our night was topped with some proper grub. Burgers, loaded nachos, veggie burritos and pigs in blankets - yes I know, you're hungry reading this (sorry not sorry). I'm not usually a fan of nachos but these were so good, I could have ate a lot more. I'm definitely gonna have to check out what else they have on the menu.

The night ended on getting some photos, attempted to catch up with everyone && just generally having such a good night. Of course I went along with my two favourite people so we had to get some selfies together!
_______________________
As you imagine by the end of the two nights I was knackered but it was well worth it. Like I mentioned at the beginning of the post - go && get yourself signed up to ELLEfluence. All the details you need are below....
http://ellefluence.com
http://elleblonde.com/ellefluence-connecting-influencers-brands/
____________________________________________________________

Comments