Carrot Cake / Recipe

I love spending my afternoon in the kitchen seeing what I've got in the cupboards to make something delicious!! I sometimes get carried away and end up baking three/four different things, then forcing friends & family to eat them. I thought I'd go a bit extra and try my hand at a carrot cake. Yes it takes quite a few ingredients but it's quick and easy to throw together, put it in the oven and have a cuppa while you wait for it to cook. It's being patient enough to let it cool down properly before icing!

What you'll need:
130g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
140ml Vegetable Oil
100g Granulated Sugar
100g Light Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
150g Carrots, Grated
50g Pecans, Roughly Chopped
30g Raisins, Chopped
Recipe:
1// Heat oven to 180c/Gas 4. Grease/line a 7-8"round cake tin. In one bowl mix flour, baking soda & cinnamon with a pinch of salt.
2// In a separate bowl whisk oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs until completely combined.
 3// Slowly combine with the dry ingredients to make a sticky mixture. Add the carrots, raisins and nuts and mix until everything is evenly coated and mixed in
4// Pour into tin and bake for around 30-35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Leave it to cool in its tin for around 5 minutes then transfer onto a cooling rack until it is completely cool.
5// mix 50g softened butter and 2 tbsp water with 150g icing sugar until fluffy. You can either pipe this or spoon it onto the cake. Decorate any way you like. I picked up these little jelly carrots which I think look perfect on this cake.
When I first looked at this recipe I thought OMG that seems a lot of ingredients/work but it was totally worth it. It's super tasty and rich but with the sweetness of the icing it's perfect. I can't wait to share this out with family and friends to see what they think of it!

Comments

  1. I do enjoy tucking into a good slice of carrot cake. That looks really good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment