Spring/Summer Makeup

So the UK has had a hell of a heatwave the past week or so, making it the perfect excuse to bring out all of the bright colours in my collection. I now officially declare it summer!! (I shouldn't speak too soon should I??)
But as the weather is warming it's time for me to pack away all my dark red lipsticks && winter eyeshadow palettes and bring forward some of my spring/summer goodies.
I thought i'd share with you some of my old favourites && some new products i'll definitely be wearing over the next few months.
Face
YSL Touche Eclat Le Teint  /B30 Almond - £35.00 
Okay don't get me wrong I know that's pricey for a foundation however this stuff is next level. I've loved their concealer in the past so thought i'd splash out && treat myself to the foundation. I'm completely obsessed since i bought this. I work in a boiling hot shop for 9 hours on my feet all day & this does not budge!
Maybelline Dream Touch Blush /06 - £6.99
This right here is a golden oldie. Everyone remembers the dream matte mousse right?!? (or am i just showing my age here ?!) it's that but as a blush. Yes i'm trying to relive being 15 years old again but i cannot fault this stuff. A tiny bit goes a long way & this is the perfect colour to give you that fresh rosy cheek look.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush /Dim Infusion - £32.00
I've had this blush for a little while now & i very rarely wear it. However when i have a minimal makeup day or quite a glowy makeup look, this stuff is perfect. With some amazing hues through it; it gives you a highlighter effect with a slight tint of blush. It looks amazing with a tan & red lips!
Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palette /Sugar & Spice - £4.00
This is a new love of mine. I love super pigmented blushes & this palette has everything i need. I love doubling up as eyeshadows on this palette. Also that highlighter on the end is hella good and it's so affordable!

Lips
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream / Amsterdam & Bueno Aires - £6.00
NYX lip products will always be a solid favourite of mine & i love their lip cream range as their super affordable but their shade range is insane. Amsterdam is the perfect hot red shade which i wear none stop. Buenos Aires is the most perfect soft coral. It's not crazy in your face colour but it definitely pops - especially with a tan !
You can't go through spring/summer without a favourite nude lip. Again this is perfect for those minimal makeup days (I always have to wear something on my lips) It's my perfect nude && i can wear it with anything.
Rimmel London Apocalips /500 Luna - £5.99
My god, i forgot i even had this!! I'm not much of a gloss kinda gal but i am a sucker for this. I love it as a lip topper and this shade is perfect to throw ontop of a nude to brighten it up or to put it ontop of a coral lip to add a bit more dimension and zazz.

Eyes
I've found this is my perfect transition palette from winter into summer. But the look of those brighter colours, especially the warm orange toned colours just makes me wanna plaster it all over my eyelid. This has definitely become a holy grail palette.
Now i'm not sure i'm brave enough to rock a lot of these colours, but i do like the idea of experimenting more with a pop of colour here & there. So keep your eyes peeled, you may actually see me have a go of this palette.
I've been obsessed with Kiss false lashes since i discovered them. If you know me, you'll very rarely see me without a pair of lashes on. These are the perfect fluttery natural lashes & their super lightweight to wear.

Nails
Barry M Nail Paint / Blue Moon & Strawberry Lace - £3.49
I refuse to accept it's summer until i've got my bright pastel nail polish on. These are another two golden oldies but I can't not have them. Especially if you've got a tan it just makes these colours pop even more.

What are your go-to spring/summer products?

Comments