Cinnamon Rolls / Recipe

I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to blog or get in kitchen to mix anything up. Especially when the weather has turned so grey and gloomy theres something quite nice about a home cooked meal or a spot of baking to tuck in to. I've been trying to challenge myself in the kitchen and bake things that are totally out of my comfort zone of what I normally would make. I had the ideas of mixing up some cinammon rolls and they we're surprisingly easier to make than I thought they would be.

What you'll need:
300g Self-Raising Flour
2tbsp Caster Sugar
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
100g Unsalted Butter, melted 
2 Egg Yolks
200ml Milk - extra for glazing
Filling:
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
55g Light Brown Sugar
2tbsp Caster Sugar
1 tbsp Butter, melted
Recipe:
1// Heat oven to 180c/Gas 4. Grease/line a large flat tray and set to one side. Mix flour, sugar & cinnamon with a pinch of salt.
2// In a separate bowl  which butter, egg yolk and milk together/ Slowly combine with the dry ingredients to make a dough. Set to one side.
3// Mix filling ingredients in a separate bowl. Roll the dough out into a large oven rectangle and spread the filling evenly over the dough. Roll into a Swiss roll lengthways.
4// Cut into 8 even sized slices and place onto baking tray. Glaze with milk & bake for 30-35 minutes.
5// Once they've been removed from the oven leave to cool for 5 minutes. In that time, mix 60g icing sugar with 2tbsp milk in a bowl and generously drizzle over the rolls.
I find these are best to serve warm as soon as the icing has been drizzled but these are also super tasty cold the ext days with a nice hot cup of English breakfast tea.
These we're that perfect sweet treat to have in the afternoon! For how easy these were to make I think I'll definitely be trying my hand at these again. They also went down like a storm with friends and family so I know to keep these in the favourites & at hand to make anytime!

Comments