Liz Earle #GetThatGlow

I can guarantee at some point in your life you will have heard about Liz Earle. The first time I hear about the brand I thought it was for older skin (I know it's terrible) but once I learnt about the brand I was surprised at how versatile their products are. Now if you've read my blog you'll know I love my skincare products, so when I got invited along to Liz Earle in John Lewis I was very excited.
We were greeted at the counter then headed up to Filmore & Union where I saw loads of familiar faces & plenty of Liz Earle products for us to try. Charlotte & Hayley sat us at the table & began to introduce us to the history of the brand. 
It all started out in 1995 where Liz herself suffered from eczema & wanted something organic & natural for her skin. She was heavily involved with gardening so loved the idea of using natural botanicals in her product. in 1996 they partnered with QVC to retail the product - the only other retailer than Liz Earle itself. The brand does not sell in China to keep within no animal testing which I think is pretty cool. They also source their ingredients from developing countries; e.g. the packaging you receive with online orders derives from potato startch. Their head office is based in the Isle of Wight where they use greenhouses the stay environmentally friendly. I love that the brand is trying to keep into consideration the environment. 
Once we learnt about the brand it was time to get our hands on the products.
We started with the Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser 100ml £15.00 - a classic product that I absolutely love. This helps to remove makeup dead skin and excess oil. it also gently exfoliates the skin - I love to do a double cleanse to make sure I get everything off my face. 
We then tried the Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion 150ml £15.50 - perfect for removing any stubborn eye makeup & helps to relax the eyes. With green tea & pomegranate in, it soothes your eyes & makes up feel super refreshed. 
We were then handed the Super Skin Face Serum 30ml £45.00; important to always use with a moisturiser. Their serum is water based so its perfect to suit any skin type. With Persian silk extract, rhubarb extract & vitamin K; this is pure luxury for your skin. It also helps tackle uneven skin tones - something I struggle with. 
Finally the Skin Repair Moisturiser 50ml £21.00. I love using their skin repair as I have normal/combination skin. it has quite a thin consistancy, perfect for use on a morning. I don't think theres anything worse that a thick goopy moisturiser to put on your skin. they have a range of moisturisers to suit any skin type - which most brands don't do!
Of course like any beauty event we were all going crazy to get those shots! I had to pop this photo on so you can really see what happens when there is a few bloggers at these events (Sorry to kill the elusiveness of real life blogging!!)
Overall I love Liz Earle as a brand && what they stand for. Yes it is high end, however it is so affordable - especially if you compare it to other skin care brands. I have totally stepped up my skin care routine and you can definitely see & feel the difference in my skin.
We were all given a little goodie bag with a few products in to try at home. I'm already repurchasing the Cleanse & Polish but I'm definitely gonna purchase the Skin Repair Moisturiser

Have you tried anything from Liz Earle?
I would love to hear your recommendations. 

Comments