The Funny Thing About Success...

Success comes to us all at different stages in our lives. The first time we walk, your first kiss, when we graduate university, reaching 1k followers, having a family. Success is the little steps of achievement we take through our lives.  But sometimes it's not what you think it is.
So why this blog post??
I got chatting to a friend of mine, Andrew. We briefly got talking about being successful and it made me think. Now in no way am I fishing for compliments and whatnot but I'm gonna be honest. I don't think I'm successful for my blog - but that was never the aim. One thing he did say to me which really stuck with me
but the difference is you are already successful, it's just the objections have changed.

Yes, some people blog/vlog to be successful && to make money out of it, which is amazing if they can do that. But that's not why I started.
I started writing my blog as a hobby, nothing more. But over the past 18 months, both my blog & social media have grown in a way I never even thought possible. Yes the idea of making a crap tonne of money from writing a blog is appealing I won't lie.
But if I never make a penny out of what I do, that's absolutely fine. Because I've had some amazing experiences and made some amazing friends along the way. My objection has changed because I want to write better content and content that'll appeal to a wider audience.
Now I've seen some very humble people become successful && it's ugly.
I've seen some amazing people not get the success they deserve && it's heartbreaking.

It can literally change people, which I don't want it to do to me. I like the fact I have total control over what I write. And I absolutely love every single one of you that take time out of your day to read my rambling blog posts.

Honestly, I would love to get feedback from you guys, 
what you like about my blog?
what you'd change?
what would you like to see more of?

I would like to think this blog is/could be a success.
So my goal for 2018 is step my game up and write more passionately.

 

Comments