Day Adventure to Corbridge

So it's been a while since I last had a trip up to Northumberland and when you have such beautiful countryside right on your doorstep, its a shame not to visit.
Myself and Kayleigh both had the day off work so we thought we'd make the most of the half decent weather and head out. We headed down to central station and jumped on a train to Hexham. We didn't really have a plan for the day and decided to hop off at Corbridge for a wander.
It's a five minute walk from the station into the town centre, but we decided to stop on the bridge to get some photos (can't take a blogger anywhere without us stopping every five minutes to get a photo)
It was pretty windy overlooking the river, but normally you can see otters and birds nesting on the banks. I could live here, its just perfect.  As we wandered towards the town centre and along Market Place we came across Grant's Bakery. This is probably the best bakery in Corbridge. From pies && artisan breads to macaroons && meringues.
 I couldn't resist picking up a lemon tart meringue for home, It's the size of small dinner plate (no exaggeration I promise). They looked absolutely incredible && it tasted incredible.
Typical north east weather it started to rain, so we headed into Tea & Tipple until it dried up. I've been in here a load of times so I knew it was the perfect spot. Theres nothing better than a mug of hot chocolate && a homemade scone, chilling out in a quaint cafe. We had little catch up whilst we ate && drank.
These fruit scones were absolutely amazing. Especially with their homemade jam && clotted cream. I highly recommend trying it if you're ever in the area.
After leaving Tea & Tipple, we looped back around and headed for the station. On our way we came across the most amazing car && house. I just don't think you can beat that view, it looks so quaint I love it.
We ended up waiting 30 minutes for a train back into Newcastle, luckily the sun was shining. 
I honestly wish I had more days like this - I swear spending the day in the countryside is good for you soul.

Comments