Updated Skincare Routine

One thing I've tried to make sure I'm consistent with is my skincare routine. I will hold my hands up and admit sometimes I don't take my makeup off properly (you'd be lying if you said you did!!) but when I do it properly my skin feels incredible and I feel like I'm finally adulting. So one of my resolutions I made with myself this year was to get into the habit of a daily skincare routine. Something that won't take up all of my evening but 15-20 minutes pamper/wind down time on an evening. I've found some new golden products so I thought I'd share with you guys my updated skincare routine!
Now this is a solid favourite of mine for a while now and I'm sure you'll have heard about this at some point. The Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. I use this to remove all my makeup and to pull out all the crap that's gotten into my skin during the day. I put about a 20p piece size of product on my hand and massage all over my face, down my neck and over my eyes. I like to use an electric facial cleansing brush with my hot cloth cleanser as I find it really pulls out all the product of my skin and it's also a little pamper. I feel it works the product completely into my skin, grabbing as much product as it can. I then run a cloth under warm water and wipe everything off my face.
I then move onto the Nivea Micellar Water 3 in 1 Makeup Remover just to make sure I've gotten any stubborn bits of makeup off, especially mascara & eyelash glue. It's super gentle on the eyes and really gets in there and removes it all. I like to soak a couple of cotton pads and gently rub my eyes with them. I will then run one of these pads over my entire face to make sure I've removed everything.
So it's only been recently I've understood the importance of using a skin tonic on my face (and I call myself a beauty blogger, I know!) Saying that, I've started using the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic and I'm seeing a total difference in my skin. Just a couple of drops on a cotton pad and sweep it over my face, it just gives me so much hydration in my skin and it doesn't make your skin feel tacky or dried stiff.
I am a moisturiser hoarder. I have so many moisturisers for my face bit there's only two I use constantly. I love to alternate the No7 Beautiful Skin Hydrating Mask and the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser depending on what I feel like my skin needs more. during the winter months I mainly use the No7 hydrating mask but I don't want something as heavy duty I usually go for the liz Earle. Just a couple of pumps of each, massage between my fingers and gently rub all over my face and neck.
Finally without neglecting my lips, I like to add  Nivea Lip Butter Blueberry Blush over them to keep them super hydrated as I wear a lot of liquid lipsticks so I need them super moisturised. Added bonus this smells delish and gives your lips a natural looking sheen over them!
And that's my current skincare routine. Hopefully I actually stick to my resolution and keep going with it. It's working treats at the moment but it may need tweaking in the summer months, I won't be wanting heavy duty products then!!!

Comments