Blueberry Muffin | Recipe

When the weather is rainy and disgusting outside there is nothing better than getting in the kitchen and baking some treats. I would normally always bake a lemon loaf cake but I fancied trying something a little different, so I picked some fresh blueberries up & decided on blueberry muffins.
I had a scroll through the internet to find some recipes (some of them had like 15 ingredients!!) but I wanted something simple that everyone had in their cupboards at home.
So what you're gonna need is:
110g unsalted butter
250g plain flour
250g caster sugar
2 eggs
125ml milk
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
225g fresh blueberries
muffin cases
Method:
- preheat oven to 180c/ Gas Mark 4 & place muffin cases in the tin.
- cream butter and sugar together (it's better if your butter is room temperature) until creamy and light. Then add eggs and beat well until combined
- sieve flour, baking powder & salt together gradually adding it in
- slowly add the milk into the mixture and beat until combined
- fold in the blueberries (try and keep them whole)
- fill your muffin cases about 1/2 way, I stupidly filled mine too high so we had a couple of overflowing problems
Place in the over for around 25/30 minutes until golden brown on the top.
Now this recipe says it makes 12 muffins but I actually ended up with 18. I mean I'm not complaining for the extra six muffins, but just have enough cases.

I'm not gonna lie the smell in my kitchen was heavenly. I took the muffins out after 25 minutes and let them cool on a wire rack. Unfortunately cakes never get a chance to cool down properly in my house, there's always someone grabbing one as soon as they come out of the oven!
So there you go, if you're stuck in the house today - try making these blueberry muffins.

What do you love to bake on a rainy day??
____________________________________________________________

Comments