Afternoon Tea M'Lady ???

Who doesn't love Afternoon Tea?? But afternoon tea with a twist...an American twist??
I was very kindly invited along to the Carbon Grill at the Hilton Garden Inn, Sunderland to sample their American afternoon tea. Questions began flying - what the heck is American afternoon tea??
I went along with a few of my blogging buddies where we were seated && left to natter amongst ourselves. The venue itself is stunning, perfect for drinks && a relaxing evening over dinner. 
After we had all mingled and caught up with each other they then brought out the sharing towers && I was amazed at the selection of food. As you can imagine we flocked around to get the perfect Instagram shots. I think we were all pleasantly surprised by was on offer for us.
Starting with the savoury selection, the first thing that catches your eye is the very juicy looking buffalo chicken wings. We all tucked in and tried this but I think they blew mine && Deborah's lips off - a tad too hot for my liking. Next to that we had mini pork & chorizo sliders. For something so little they packed a lot of flavour. It also made me feel like a giant holding it! 
The next tier down had mini calzones; one was just plain cheese & tomato and the other had a bit of spice & kick to it (I'm starting to get the impression Americans like their food spicy!) This tier also had cheese & pickle bites. Holy crap on a cracker, this was the nicest thing ever. I would have been happy with just a bowl of these all evening!
We were then served an array of drinks. A lot of people opted for tea or coffee. I went for a glass of icy water && these super cute strawberry && banana milkshakes. The only thing was they were more like a yoghurt than a milkshake, they was still super tasty though! Give me this && the cheese bites and I am one happy lady.
We finally moved onto the sweet section. Mini key lime pie, pecan tart && Mississippi mud cake slices. I don't think you could get any more American with these deserts. This was my first ever key lime pie && it was super refreshing - perfect for an aftermeal treat. The Mississippi mud cake was quite sickly, but I think that was down to everything we had eaten that night.

I definitely recommend you go and try this out. For the price of £14.50 per person, I definitely think if you want to try something different this is great to do.
*****booking advised but not essential.
____________________________________________________________

Comments